Monday, January 08, 2024

Book review : The Christmas Tart by Mary Jo Putney

The Christmas Tart by Mary Jo Putney
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Such a lovely Christmas novella !

___THE PLOT___ Nicole is wrongly accused of theft and fired a few days before Christmas.
Philip's friends try to cheer up their friend by giving him female company for the night. When they mistakenly mistake Nicole, who is wandering cold in Covent Garden, for a prostitute, they offer her money for a night with their friend. At first scandalized, shortly after Nicole accepts in order to have the money to feed herself and the little kitten she picked up on the street... but she is a good girl and when Philip realizes this he doesn't want to take advantage of her, he decides to help the young girl instead...


___MY OPINION___ Read it over two afternoons, it is a sweet and clean romance where are emerging feelings such as sharing ( with the people or even animals that are in need at moment ) and and of giving a chance without hastily judging by appearances.

In addition to this moral and the birth of a sweet love story, in the novel we slowly breathe in the Christmas air with the joy of preparing the decorations together, breathing in the scent of greenery in the air, savoring the mulled cider in front of the fireplace, while the cold rain pours down outside and...of course the kiss under the mistletoe.

I would like a series to be born from these two characters where their love is consolidated and both are involved in sparkling adventures and perhaps mysteries (since the novel was published recently, in October 2023, I hope that the author collects my suggestion...and I would also like the little cat Merkle included in the novels).

Thanks everybody for reading my opinion and please be lenient with my text since English is not my mother tongue :-)

Join me on FB Tizi Cozy Corner page to be always updated on new posts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book review : Fools and Mortals by Bernard Cornwell

Fools and Mortals by Bernard Cornwell My rating: ★★☆☆☆ 2.5 stars, rounded down to 2, because I can expect such...