Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Book review : A Knight's Redemption by Catherine Kean

A Knight's Redemption
Knight's Series Book 6
by Catherine Kean

( this tale is also included in the Medieval Historical Romance Collection "Christmas Knights"
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A very nice romance set in medieval time , I've enjoyed the read from the first word to the last one !

This is a " second chance " story, the #6 installment and last book in a series about medieval knights and their lovers, but you can easily read it as a standalone.
Even if the supporting characters were protagonists in the other books, at the beginning of this story they are all briefly introduced by the author.

___ THE STORY develops on 2 time planes during the Christmas period.

---> In the first part we see the 2 protagonists as just teenagers, their first meeting and the events that during Christmas day will lead to an estrangement that will last 6 years.

---> In the second part, 6 years later, our heroes have grown, matured and have never forgotten each other.
Their second meeting will give them the opportunity to settle their differences, while in the meantime they will also have to deal with enemies of the kingdom and child kidnappers.

___THE CHARACTERS__ I loved the characters although I must admit that the behavior of Holden, the hero of the story, when he was just a young squire, made me really angry.
Actually he is very sweet and the jokingness and sweetness with which he courts Mary when they meet again really moved me.
Mary is very unsure of herself and I think she was a little too stubborn in not wanting to listen to Holden's excuses, but in any case during the second meeting she manages to be more impartial, looking through the boy's true self.

I would have liked to read a real novel about the two of them and not just a short novella.

The story only has kisses ( no sex scenes ), but the emotions and gestures of the protagonists are described so well that they make you dream of falling in love again.
I will definitely read other books by this author. :-)

No violence scenes, suitable also for young adults.

( As always : English is not my native tongue, I hope you can forgive any errors in the text, thank you :-) )

Join me on FB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book review : Letters to a Lover by Mary Lancaster

Letters to a Lover Crime and Passion Book #2 by Mary Lancaster My rating: ★★★★★ 5 FULL STARS WELL DESERVED!! :-...