Tuesday, December 05, 2023

Advent Calendar 5th December

Advent Calendar 5th December _ πŸŽ„πŸ€ΆπŸŽ…πŸ‘ΌπŸ’— 5th day Christmas countdown

Hi my dear readers, today is the fifth day of the month and another time I've chosen a beautiful musical among those from the old Hollywood.

It's a 1944 classic, starring the wonderful Judy Garland : MEET ME IN ST. LOUIS.
It is a film adaptation signed by Irving Brecher and Fred F. Finklehoffe and inspired by a series of short stories by Sally Benson, originally published in The New Yorker magazine.
Later became a novel entitled 5135 KENSINGTON.

THE STORY: A young woman eagerly awaits the start of the Saint Louis World's Fair as well as the arrival of the boy next door she loves madly.
Unfortunately the girl's father seems to have other plans due to the possibility of obtaining a promotion in New York City.

Among the songs in the film, one in particular stands out: Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, sung by J. Garland and which has become a musical standard over time.
The quote I chose is something that each of us should remember every day at all times.
Sincerity, in fact, is always the winning card.

I hope you like my suggestion to spend a cheerful afternoon or evening in front of the screen and I'm wishing you a good day!

(As always : sorry for any errors in my text, English is only a second tongue not my native one )



Join me on FB to be always updated about my new posts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book review : Letters to a Lover by Mary Lancaster

Letters to a Lover Crime and Passion Book #2 by Mary Lancaster My rating: ★★★★★ 5 FULL STARS WELL DESERVED!! :-...