Friday, December 08, 2023

Advent Calendar 8th December

Advent Calendar 8th December _ πŸŽ„πŸ€ΆπŸŽ…πŸ‘ΌπŸ’— 8th day Christmas countdown

Hello, here we are on the Immaculate Conception Day.

December 8th. Today, I would have liked to choose a more religious film, but I was watching an old Hollywood classic among the musicals on TV and so I chose: HOLIDAY INN (1942).

In addition to the very cozy scenography, this film features an exceptional duo:
Fred Astaire perhaps the greatest dancer in American cinema and Bing Crosby among the most beautiful and talented voices of the 40s (and here he sings the song "White Christmas" which would later give its name to another Christmas film from 1954).

Music by Irving Berlin a great American composer and lyricist.


The quote I chose is taken from the song and brings back memories of our childhood Christmases.

It doesn't matter if they were Christmases with snow or not, what matters is that childhood memories, for most people, represent a serene memory, in which there were no problems, because we were children and we felt pampered and protected from our family.

Everything becomes more difficult as we become adults, which is why childhood memories must be kept in the heart like precious possessions!

(Note : English is not my native tongue, please forgive any errors in my text )



Join me on FB to be always updated about my new posts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book review : Letters to a Lover by Mary Lancaster

Letters to a Lover Crime and Passion Book #2 by Mary Lancaster My rating: ★★★★★ 5 FULL STARS WELL DESERVED!! :-...