Thursday, December 07, 2023

Advent Calendar 7th December

Advent Calendar 7th December _ πŸŽ„πŸ€ΆπŸŽ…πŸ‘ΌπŸ’— 7th day Christmas countdown

WO-WO-WO-WOW !! The first week of December is almost ended!
...and today, as a daily image for the Advent Calendar, I have chosen a beautiful Christmas novella by Agatha Christie (to me the best short story by A. Christie): THE ADVENTURE OF THE CHRISTMAS PUDDING , first published in 1960 in a short story collection.

Equally engaging and enjoyable is the television adaptation, from 1991, with the excellent David Suchet, the one who, in my opinion, represents the true and only Poirot among all those brought to the screen.

The festive atmosphere can be felt from the start to the end and there are no deaths, just a mysterious theft to investigate, which makes the story even lighter and more cheerful.

The quote may seem silly, but actually it says a lot: the little things are the really important ones, the small and simple things, without delusions of grandeur, are what makes us truly happy.

Each of us takes many things for granted, actually they are not, because not everyone on this earth has what represents normality for us.

If you like collecting bookmarks and/or postcards or illustrated images, then it might be a good idea to download the image and use it as a bookmark.

I usually print with a color printer, paste on cardboard and then apply a transparent adhesive paper on both sides, so that the bookmark does not get damaged and the image remains intact for years.

(NOTE : I'm from Italy, so please forgive any errors in my text since English is not my native tongue. Thanks )

Join me on FB to be always updated about my new posts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book review : Letters to a Lover by Mary Lancaster

Letters to a Lover Crime and Passion Book #2 by Mary Lancaster My rating: ★★★★★ 5 FULL STARS WELL DESERVED!! :-...