Friday, December 01, 2023

Advent Calendar 1st December

Advent Calendar 1st December _ πŸŽ„πŸ€ΆπŸŽ…πŸ‘ΌπŸ’— 1st day Christmas countdown

Good morning and happy start of December!

Here you are my creation to the first day in the exciting Christmas countdown.

On the first day of December, I want to remember one of the classic novels that I love the most since I was a child: LITTLE WOMEN by Louisa May Alcott
you can find several editions by clicking the link above ).

Originally published in two volumes (LITTLE WOMEN in 1868 and GOOD WIVES in 1869), it was then unified into a single volume.
I guess everyone knows THE STORY, anyway it tells about the four March sisters lives from their childhood until womanhood.
The girls Meg, Jo, Beth and Amy actually are referring to the author herself and her 3 sisters.
It's interesting to observe through happy and sad events the growth and inner transformation of girls, from adolescents to adults. It's a funny and very touching family drama at the same time.
Alcott also wrote LITTLE MEN ( 1871) and JO'S BOYS (1886).

This wonderful book has inspired many films and TV series, but my favorites remain these two adaptations from the past (1949 and 1994).

Among all the lines I chose this quote to remember because it sounds very sweet and suitable to everyone.

If you like collecting bookmarks and/or postcards or illustrated images, then it might be a good idea to download the image and use it as a bookmark.

I usually print with a color printer, paste on cardboard and then apply a transparent adhesive paper on both sides, so that the bookmark does not get damaged and the image remains intact for years.

(NOTE : I'm from Italy, so please forgive any errors in my text since English is not my native tongue. Thanks )

Join me on FB to be always updated about my new posts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book review : Fools and Mortals by Bernard Cornwell

Fools and Mortals by Bernard Cornwell My rating: ★★☆☆☆ 2.5 stars, rounded down to 2, because I can expect such...