Monday, December 11, 2023

Advent Calendar 11th December

Advent Calendar 11th December _ πŸŽ„πŸ€ΆπŸŽ…πŸ‘ΌπŸ’— 11th day Christmas countdown

Today I propose an old Hollywood musical classic : MY FAIR LADY (1964), starring a fabulous Audrey Hepburn and equally good Rex Harrison.

The musical film is based on the 1956 musical of the same name, inspired in turn by the opera PYGMALION (1913) by George Bernard Shaw.

__THE STORY___ A pompous professor in Henry Higgins, he is so confident in his abilities that he takes on the task of transforming a working-class girl into someone who can pass for a cultured member of high society.

It's not a Christmas movie, but the Christmas holidays are the days when it is shown on TV every year and my mother and I are always happy to watch it again.

A funny film that will make you laugh more than once.

The quote I chose leads us to reflect on our prejudices and our way of treating others.

Too often society uses courtesy and deference towards those who appear well dressed and hold an important position, while it tends to give less consideration to those who are less wealthy.

It's up to us, in our small circle of people, to change things.

Thaks for visiting my blog. Wishing you a happy start of the week and please, be lenient with my text, since English is not my native language. :-)

Join me on FB to be always updated about my new posts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book review : Letters to a Lover by Mary Lancaster

Letters to a Lover Crime and Passion Book #2 by Mary Lancaster My rating: ★★★★★ 5 FULL STARS WELL DESERVED!! :-...