Saturday, December 02, 2023

Advent Calendar 2nd December

Advent Calendar 2nd December _ πŸŽ„πŸ€ΆπŸŽ…πŸ‘ΌπŸ’— 2nd day Christmas countdown

Hello everyone!

Here you are my second picture for a cute Advent Calendar as Christmas countdown.

On the second day I included another classic novel LITTLE LORD FAUNTLEROY by Frances Hodgson Burnetts, of which we all know the legendary 1980 film adaptation, with Alec Guinness and Ricky Schroder.

If you've never read it or seen the film, here's THE STORY:
little Cedric Errol, fatherless, carefree childhood in a working-class neighborhood of New York with his mother and his greatest friends: Mr. Hobbs the grocer and Dick the shoe shiner.
Suddenly he learns that he has a grandfather, the Lord Earl Fauntleroy, in England whose heir he became after his father's death.

His life will change radically and with his spontaneity, joy and generosity he will be able to conquer his grandfather's hard heart and to help many people in need.

The novel was first published in installments in the St. Nicholas Magazine between November 1885 and October 1886 and finally in volume in 1886.

Like every classic story, this one also contains a stimulating invitation to shed light within oneself and to give value to feelings.

The quote I chose is about friendship and sincerity, 2 very rare things in the world of yesterday and today.

As I suggested yesterday, if you like the picture and usually read not only ebooks, but also paper book, you can print it, paste on cardboard and after have applying a transparent adhesive paper on both sides, you can use it as bookmark.

(NOTE : I'm from Italy, so please forgive any errors in my text since English is not my native tongue. Thanks )



Join me on FB to be always updated about my new posts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book review : Fools and Mortals by Bernard Cornwell

Fools and Mortals by Bernard Cornwell My rating: ★★☆☆☆ 2.5 stars, rounded down to 2, because I can expect such...