Monday, December 04, 2023

Advent Calendar 4th December

Advent Calendar 4th December _ πŸŽ„πŸ€ΆπŸŽ…πŸ‘ΌπŸ’— 4th day Christmas countdown

Hello everybody dear friends, wishing you a happy 4th day of the month.

Since today is also my birthday I chose a classic novel I loved so much in my childhood ( and still do ) and that is also an homage to all women : A LITTLE PRINCESS by Frances Hodgson Burnetts
( At the link above you can find several editions ).

As many of us know, this this novel for children, published for the first time in 1905.

It tells THE STORY of little Sara Crewe in an exclusive boarding school where she finds herself first as a privileged student and then, following the death of her father, she is forced to work as a scullery maid to support herself and forced to do all sorts of errands and given very harsh treatment.

What is moving is that Sara, even in poverty, demonstrates great generosity towards other people who suffer like her. And when she finds the help of good people, she will be able to share her fortunes with others.

I have seen many film adaptations, well made and engaging, however my favorite remains the 1939 Hollywood musical with the legendary prodigy child Shirley Temple.

The quote is a phrase that I have always liked.

Furthermore, considering that women throughout history have always been put in second place compared to men and that even today, despite emancipation, they are often mistreated and suffer abuse (and in many parts of the world they still experience situations of submission to men), on my birthday I wanted to remind all women that we worth. Young or old, rich or poor, beautiful or less beautiful, we all are princesses!

If you like the image above, you can download it , print it and save it as a nice bookmark :-)

(NOTE : I know my English is not so good, my native language is Italian, so please be lenient with me)

Join me on FB to be always updated about my new posts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book review : Letters to a Lover by Mary Lancaster

Letters to a Lover Crime and Passion Book #2 by Mary Lancaster My rating: ★★★★★ 5 FULL STARS WELL DESERVED!! :-...