Wednesday, December 06, 2023

Advent Calendar 6th December

Advent Calendar 6th December _ πŸŽ„πŸ€ΆπŸŽ…πŸ‘ΌπŸ’— 6th day Christmas countdown

Hello everybody !
Here I am with another image showing a quote and few pictures from a 2005 touching film, that was inspired by a real event happened during World War I.

The film's original title is "JOYEUX NOΓ«L" that means "MARRY CHRISTMAS" and talks about the Christmas truce of 1914 between German, French and Scottish trench soldiers.

The purpose of this film is to demonstrate the absurdity of war, but as we can see from the news, evidently there is no one worse deaf than the one who doesn't want to hear, because every day there is more than one war in every part of the world.
Of all the films I like to watch during the Christmas period, this is one of those that touched my heart the most.

If you are interested in learning more, there are many books you can read about it, all very touching.

The book I read is a collection of letters from the soldiers themselves who wrote to their families, telling of this incredible miracle, which however was then silenced by the authorities in order to continue the war. Only later, in modern times, many letters were recovered from the English archives and then published, while the German ones were mostly destroyed.

Here is the cover and title of the book I read, but as I said before you can find many other titles on that subject:
Christmas Truce by the Men Who Took Part- Letters from the 1914 Ceasefire on the Western Front



Join me on FB to be always updated about my new posts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book review : Fools and Mortals by Bernard Cornwell

Fools and Mortals by Bernard Cornwell My rating: ★★☆☆☆ 2.5 stars, rounded down to 2, because I can expect such...